Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ghost of the past

A shadow of the past,
She comes lightning fast,
Lingering near, forever here,
Threatening, yet dear.
Simply a step away,
Everyday, March or May,
Watching my every tone,
Leaving me, never alone.
Haunting me, day and night,
Brushing past me, always in sight.
She is there to remind me,
Reprimand me, while behind me,
My phantom, my ghost of the past.

Then, one day she disappeared,
Lost, again, never heard,
Vanished from the face of the earth,
Abandoning me of her mirth.
Never have I seen her again,
In sunshine, snow, or rain.
Truly, surely, she has gone,
Leaving me forever alone,
My phantom, my ghost of the past.

4 comments:

Harish Ramaswamy said...

Its super cool.

yay.

come back soon.

hope you write something nice about panchgani n all.

:)

Unknown said...

ahem ahem. Ghost of your PAST.

Why?? I thought its still the same now - PRESENT!! lol.

Anyway, i appreciate the rhyming scheme, metaphors, similes, refrains, imagery, personifications, alliterations and other literary devices even there weren't any also.

I like it!!! nice. Continue the same....

anamika911 said...

thank you harish.
and priyamvada, that was the best comment i have ever recieved. seriously. well, atleast it was the funniest.
cheers!

Harish Ramaswamy said...

you is welcome.

:)