Thursday, September 20, 2007

Observations from the world of physics

1:00 p.m.
Eve of Physics exam

Yes, most definitely NOT the best time to sit down and write a blog. Especially when I've still got 3 and a quarter chapters to blunder through, each having a cartload of problems and formulas. Apparently, I'm not my sane self today. But then again, when am I?

No, seriously. I just stumbled upon some interesting facts which i couldn't help but pen down:

Firstly, Pradeep's Fundamental Physics has nothing, whatsoever, to do with fundamental physics. Not in the slightest. It is, infact, packed with over 1000 pages of undesipherable, advanced, bull, topped with fantastic, fact-filled IIT preparation guides, hints, and three times the number of problems in our NCERT text book. Now that, definitely, is a problem.

And I finally figured out what those weird s-like symbols represent. Calculus. They are not, I repeat NOT fancy signatures of infamous physicists. Thank God. Okay, I've already mentioned that. Couldn't resist.

'Vectors do NOT add like numbers.' Fascinating, really. I mean, when I grow up and am unemployed and go job-hunting, I can simply, accidentally-on-purpose stumble upon my eleventh-grade physics text book, chant 'vectors don't add like numbers', make millions, and get a double-suite with Bill Gates at the Hilton. Woohoo!

'For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. However, these action-reaction pairs occur at exactly the same time.' Sadly,this would mean that me and my brother screaming at each other would not make an action-reaction pair. I mean, the equal and opposite thing so agrees, but it usually starts with me, and continues with my brother. There's a gaping difference of around a second or two. Sigh.

And that is all for now. On a more serious note, I have also deciphered that I have the concentration span of a three year old. No, it's okay. Some people in my position would be scandalized. But, seriously, I'm quite alright. I'm honestly quite optimistic about my future.

11 comments:

Nidhi said...

blech.
that wsa too cool ish babe !
not too good as mine i believe,
i shud srsly lock you u up in a dingy castle fer that !

aaand,
yes, even that bleddy s.l arora has nonsense packed in it. totally agree with you.
even with the 's' shaped thingies.
=P

oh be the way,
newton and einstein rule, [\m/]
just that, deriving their equations and formulae, totally, absolutely, COMPLETELY piss me off.
its like i'm turning at the corner, to park my car,
and out of a sudden i think "hnmm.. is the road, banked an angle to reduce wear and tear of my M.R.F tyres? "

sigh.
physics is nice to hear, and nice to see people like Balaji sir work out on board.
when it comes to applying it, and working out, i'd rather learn how to cook snake soup.

=P

Sushruthi said...

And this is physics. which i actually happen to like a lil. minus all the deriving formulae and sums though.

So think of me blundering with Chemistry. AND STILL coming online every five minutes.

Pradeep's chem is honestly worse.

I honestly don't see the point in chem. :( I mean, when I'm supposed to be going into the big bad world, I'm really gonna be thinking of redox reactions no? Bleurgh.

Trust me, if your concentration span is that of a three year old mine is just absent. :(

Oh and i still have an entire textbook to mug.

wah i hate life ! :(

Enough with the moaning already.

so i'll just say I completely agree with your post. make that C.O.M.P.L.E.T.E.L.Y ! :D

Unknown said...

Hey!! that was "coolish". Inspite of being unprepared for physics, you actually were brimming with loads of these observations??

Hats off!!!

It wouldn't have been the same with me. But any way, i TOTALLY agree with you. Physics, a subject which I like the least of all. Infact, not on the list itself, I would surely not try to put up its application to write a blog at the time when my life turns out to be an utter waste.

Again, hats off!!!

Unknown said...

That was seriously cool!!
trust me its damn good.....
the one thing that really shook or shocked me is the fact that one could really think so much or atleast feel something like this in the eve of our physics exam wen all i could think was 'wht would they do if my paper had nothing but my name'.....anyway atleast u rememberd one law and so many symbols!!
and,
about being 'optimistic'....
how could one be optimistic after writing such an exam??!!

anamika911 said...

thanks a bunch, oh unknown blogger. um. i meant you, anjali. no, seriously. thanks a lot! *Eeee*

sufina said...

hey shruti u rock dude...

i mean u wrote dis wen u dint even complete preparing...
if i was in ur state i woould be perspiring like mad....
n not filed wid ideas 4 a blog!!!
k neway i agree wid ur contradiction of action-reaction pairs....but thinking more "physic"ally....the action n reaction refer to forces n not bickering!!!!!!!!!
but hu cares... i loved it!!!!!!!
go shruti

Harish Ramaswamy said...

I dunno jack about physics.

Commerce is quite yay.
:)

But yeah, i can relate to what shruti wrote.
Trigonometry.
that bitch.

i knew it was spelt trigOnometry yesterday.
thats how bad i am.
!!!!

Nice posting.

Shruthi said...

I dunno wat to say...
  PHYSICS:a term which somehow manages to FREAK eleventh and twelfth graders out and also coincidentally destroys our chances of getting into IIT

..not that we had any in the first place.lol...
i was positively freaked and i finished studying eveything in abt half a day and you having sooooo much time could do nothin but write a perfect blog...i personally dunno whom to feel sorry for,you or me???

Shruthi said...

outta the world...makes me laugh everytime I read it..especially since i share yur problem of not having a satisfactory performance in physics...(take my word, 13 ain't good)....

Shruthi said...

Considering tht we had only 4 chaps tht exam, yu still had alot to finish...

Shruthi said...

and I love this one..Its funny :P