Thursday, July 19, 2007

I just woke up....

Waking up to a 3000 decibel loud alarm is the least enjoyable way to start the day. However satisfying it may be to hit the snooze button, slumber is long gone. To top it all, it's Monday morning, the first and worst day of the school week. Laziness is abundant, after attending the many parties saturating my social calendar (*voice dripping with sarcasm*).

Instead of droning on about my oh-so-boring, not the least bit worthwhile school day, let me dwell upon the charmng topic of sleep, and the hysteria and madness invloved in the process of waking up.

Being sixteen, yearnig for a cup of bed coffee does not bring it to me. Lifting my 60 kilogram body from my bed happens to be a Herculean task. The events that follow are excrutinatingly embarrasing and call for omission.

Trudging down the stairs with a huge bag weighing me down is quite a challenge. Due to repeated hitting of the snooze button, there's just about enough time to dump all the books in my vicinity into my embarrasingly undersized bag; not to mention quickly tying up my ever- messy hair into two sickly looking, horribly tacky braids.

School is not a welcoming place, no sir.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Reading your description makes me too write something, but i can do nothing than posting a comment(er, no, compliment). Words fall short to do so!!!

Shruthi said...

I moat certainly agree with Priyamvada......To much agony in one place.